Hiro Fujikake (birth name: Hiroyuki Fujikake)
Hiro Fujikake is a Japanese composer, conductor, producer and synthesizer player. His work is not only in domestic but worldwide. He is the first Japanese composer who won the 1st prize in Queen Elisabeth International music competition in Belgium for the symphonic work “The Rope Crest” in 1977.
Hiro has won numerous awards for his compositions at the most of national prestigious competitions in his early career. His composed work has been counted more than 8,000 songs including music for the television, radio, film and for special occasions such as exhibitions, like world Expo. He engaged in many of famous long-running TV programs and a collection of songs were recorded and CDs were released .
Hiro also engaged in the arrangement of Japanese traditional songs for the album “Four Seasons in Japan” performed by Holliger(Ob) I Musici in 1985. This was released worldwide from Netherlands. He collaborated with the flutist Sir. James Galway and released two CDs. The first CD of “The Enchanted Forest” was recorded the Billboard Top 10 of the Classical crossover section for five months in a row(the 2nd rank was the top record) in the United States in1990. Hiro performed “solo orchestra”, composed his original music and arranged Japanese fold songs for the album.
Hiro’s solo album of “Galactic Symphony” performed by “solo orchestra” was one of his modern art style with magnificent orchestra sounds. His compositional artwork is characterized by a wide variety including symphonies, brass band, operas, ballets, musicals, works for concert band, mandolin orchestra and traditional Japanese instruments.
Aichi Prefectural University of Fine Arts and Music Composition BA, MA
|The name of competitions|
|The 2nd prize of the NHK Mainichi Music Competition|
|The 2nd prize of The Japan Mandolin Union Composition
(No 1st prize is applicable.)
|The 1st of Sasagawa Competition|
|The 1st of Sasagawa Competition|
"Overture Concert for Brass Band"
|The assigned piece for the All Japan Band Competition|
“The Rope Crest”
|The Grand Prix at the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition in Belgium|
「A Song of Spring」
|Japan Symphony Foundation’s Composition Prize|
– “Two poems for Chorus” won the price from Ongaku no Tomo, competition of composition
– Gifu Homeland Cultural Award for musical BUN-NA
– Gifu art and cultural contribution Awarded
– The commercial broadcasting union Awarded
– The excellence CM Awarded etc.
【Music for TV】
Composed for many TV programs of NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) Japan’s only public media organization.
Please check the history and works of Hiro Fujikake Solo Orchestra, below.
– A regular member of JASRAC
– Vice President of Japan Mandolin Union
– Chairman of the judge in Japan Mandolin Solo Competition
– A member of the Project Committee of the Nippon Music Foundation from 1st April, 1997 to 31st Jannuary, 2021
【CD / Record】
The 1st solo album of synthesizer.
The 2nd solo album of synthesizer.
Check songs recorded in the CD▶︎
Four Seasons in Japan : Holliger(Ob)I Musici
Released from Philip, Netherlands
|1990||The Enchanted Forest
with Sir James GalwayFive months in the Billboard Top 10 fo the Classical crossover section
Rank:2nd ,in May, 1990
*Among Hiro’s original composition, “The Enchanted Forest”,”Star Children”, “Romantic World” is well received and rewrote for different
(Fususato-kiko)These are from a Japanese long-lived program of “Homeland journey” played by “solo-orchestra”.
Relaxation music played by synthesizer.
This is co-production with Kanebo Beauty Lab. According to research by the Lab 90% of people think it is useful to relieve stress. It’s been used in several hospitals for the relaxation purpose.
The Lark in the Clear Air
The 2nd album of classical masterpiece collection. Hiro arranged the all music for this album.
|1999||Goh: A chance meeting
Orchestra Di Mandolini E Chitarre.
Hiro’s first work collaborated mandolins with Japanese traditional drum.
【Selections of Representative Work】
|1977||Symphony Orchestra “The Rope Crest”|
|1997||Opera “The Vanished Sun”|
|1999||Opera “A song of paper-making”|
– Hekinan City Central Elementary School
– Gifu City Gifu Elementary School
– Gero City Maze Elementary School
– Hiroharu High School
– Gifu prefecture Seki city “A song for Seki People”
– Chiba Prefecture Ichihara city “Happy Ichihara”
【Music for the monuments of wind-up dolls by Yuriko Mudo】
You can listen the music from the following places.
– Ando Cloisonne (Tokyo Store) “Yukyu-no-Tsubasa(Wings to Eternity)”
– Kitanagoya city Kitanagoyashi Bunkakinro Hall “Tenku-no-Spring（Spring in Lotus Land）”
– Shiga prefecture Toyosato Town “Toyosaka no Sato”(Community center in Toyosato) “Toyosaka-Yukyu”
– Aichi Prefecture Nagoya city, Osu Kannon “Muneharu Ranman”
Contracted with Universal Music Publishing International in 2008. All music is managed by JASRAC.